Monday, February 7, 2011

A Message from Kari and an update

Kari wanted me to share a post she wrote on The Care 4 Kari &Barry Facebook age.

Thank you all for your love and support. Our families on both sides have had many sad and challenging times this year (mixed with happy moments such as marrying my amazing husband). When they say someone is battling cancer, think UFC title bout, as we've unfortunately found out to many times in our family (and one my... dearest friends family). It is a horrible disease I hope they find a cure for soon. I can't imagine how you would do it without the amazing friends and family we have at our side. 
Adding dermatomyositis has complicated the situation in many ways, as it is extremely rare, especially when paired with cancer. I have felt like an episode of House as my body began to fail me and dr.'s struggled to figure out what was hap...pening and how to stop it. A fall and my first ambulance ride ever sent us on the road to finding a way to stop my muscles from being attacked. On Tuesday we start a new treatment we pray will finally allow some healing to begin. The comments from friends, family, and strangers have brought tears to my eyes many times over the past few days. Words cannot express our thanks.
 
Tomorrow 2/8, Kari will start a new therapy that has good success in stopping the progression of Dermatomyositis and this should allow her to begin therapy to build her muscles up following the onset of Dermatomyositis.  Kari will not be able to take many calls, send many texts, or write many emails over the next week, but she loves to get texts, emails, cards and support.  Please join me in sending her silly emails, text messages, and warm fuzzies to make some of her time fly by a little faster.
 
We love you Kari!  You are one in a million and you will get over this new hurdle soon! 

1 comment:

  1. love you very much my cuzzy. i will see you this week while you are in hospital and bring you jellies:) xoxoxo
    love colleen

    ReplyDelete