Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Daughters Tribute to John Joseph Richards Jr

Love From Kari (Today 3/27/12)
My heart was shattered this morning with the passing of my father, an amazing man who I adored, honored, and loved so much. I am only grateful that he is no longer suffering, and that I have family and friends equipped with glue to help me slowly put back the pieces. I will miss you Poppa John. I will treasure the memories, of which there are many. RIP John Joseph Richards, Jr. Oxox

A Message From Kari (3/26/12)

I love, I love, I hate I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake?..
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...

... I love all of the amazing memories I have with my father that I will treasure forever. Thoughts that will put a smile on through my tears for years to come.
I love that my father has touched the lives of so many with his witty and fun personality.
I hate that lives circumstance make it unsafe for me to be with my father and my family at this time when we should all be together.
I hate that our family has suffered so many tragedies in the past few years, way to many people taken to soon.
I like that when I am crying in my husbands arm Talia comes howling at me, I imagine she's saying cheer up mommy.
I wish the doctor had said it was safe for me to be with my dad.
For goodness sake.. Start doling out the good news to our family, it starts with Delaney's birth and Kasey's engagement, keep it coming.
I hope that my father can feel the love that surrounds him here and sees the open arms he will be received with over there.
I hope that my voice is enough in place of my physical presence.
I pray that when it comes it's painless and peaceful.
I pray that my family leans on each other and reaches out for a hug if they need it.
I will try to keep my mind busy over the next few days so in don't go nuts.
I won't beat myself up for circumstances I can't control.
And for today... I will fill my mind with as many good memories as I can and send good vibes to my amazing father.

2 comments:

  1. Kari,what a wonderful tribute to your dad..he must have been an amazing man. Keep up your strength and our prayers go out to you and your family at this time..ox Mr & Mrs D. (judi & dan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my family so much. We have such love for each other and have shown such support for each other over the past almost two years. Let the causes for our sorrow end today but our memories last forever. I love and miss you uncle john.

    ReplyDelete